What will you learn?
MBA in Marketing Management is a Two Year Course that comprises of 4 semesters. In addition to the syllabus recommended by Anna University for the 2 year course, KV Institute of Management provides a lot of opportunities to its students that gives them good exposure to Corporate World and Practical Experience Oriented Learning.
The First 2 Semester of the Course is Common for Students of all specialization, while the next 2 are focused on Marketing Management
• In Semester 1, the students will learn courses that are considered the Foundation for Management.
• In Semester 2, the students will learn all Core Functions of Management like Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, IT/ Systems, Operations and etc.,
|I Semester||II Semester|
|Economics for Analysis||Applied Operations Research|
|Principles of Management||Business Research Methods|
|Accounting for Management||Financial Management|
|Legal Aspects of Business||Human Resource Management|
|Organization Behaviour||Information Management|
|Statistics for Management||Operations Management|
|Total Quality Management||Marketing Management|
|Spoken & Written Communication||Data Analysis & Business Modeling|
In addition to this, Students will participate in the following activities during and immediately after their I year that exposes them to the Corporate World:
- Industrial Visits to Companies
- Mini Consulting projects for local companies along with their Professors
- Ultra Short Term CI3 Projects with the 150+ MoU Partners of KVIM
- Expert / Guest Lectures from Corporate Executives
- Summer Project/ Internship after their Second Semester Exams
• Semester 3 of II Year will be focussed on Core Marketing Management Subjects and the students will have an option to pick electives of their choice from the list below:
- Brand Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Customer Relationship Management
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Retail Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Social Marketing
• Semester 4 will be dedicated to Project Work
Placement preparation and related trainings start in Semester 1 and will continue till the Placement Season begins at the end of III Semester
All Marketing Students at KVIM also undergo a rigorous practical oriented micro course on Digital Marketing, specially designed by KVIM.
In addition to all of the above, students will be attending KVIM Super Specialty Classes to learn industry relevant concepts that may not be covered in detail in any of the subjects. This includes, but not limited to: CRM, Branding, Developing marketing strategies and plans, Analysing consumer and business markets, Rural marketing, Event management, Market planning for product and services, Advertising campaigns, Product development and etc.,