1) Anna University schedules the PhD program yearly twice in the months of June and December.
2) Application schedule and process for the month of June will be made available during April & May and the schedule and process for the month of December will be made available in the website during the months of October & November.
3) Candidates have to check the official website http://cfr.annauniv.edu/ often from February month onwards for June month admission and from September onwards for December month Admission.
Selection will be based on the performance in the
- Entrance Test*
- Qualifying Exam and Interview
- And the successful candidates shall be short listed.
*Candidates who have UGC, UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/ teacher fellowship holder are exempted from written test.
- Candidates can visit the Official Website.
- Register yourself with the required detail. Preview and confirm.
- Note the reference number and upload your photo.
- Pay the fee online which is one time and non-refundable.
- Enter your personal and academic details, address, experience, employment and publications.
- Under supervisor’s login enter supervisor’s and current scholar’s details
- If applicable enter the joint supervisor’s and current scholar’s details.
- Finally enter the DC/MC member details, preview all parts in PDF format and re-edit if required.
- Take the final printout. Once taken, the application is locked and no more editing is allowed.
- Consent from a recognized supervisor from a recognized department of this University is mandatory to consider the application for admission to Ph.D. programmes.
- Filled in application with all the documents required must be sent to ‘The Director, Centre for Research, Anna University, Chennai - 600 025’ so as to reach on or before the deadline dates.
- Online fee receipt must be enclosed along with the completed application.
Application registration fee of Rs.800/- for General Category and Rs.400/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST candidates.